Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with a break up like this?

My girlfriend broke up with me yesterday. We've dated for a year, and have been friends for over 5. She kind of blindisded me. We've had problems with petty arguments, but since December we've been trying to work on them. We haven't had an argument or anything in over 3 weeks. Yesterday she comes over and says she wants to break up, that she doens't love me anymore, and some other hurtful things. She later said she only pretended to be as cold and confident as she was because she thought it would be easier for me. I'm just numb right now, and have been all yesterday and all today. I'm not planning on contacting her, but is she hurt too? Part of me doesnt want her too, but it'd be nice to know she cares. It's all just such a shock. I don't think she was mature enough to handle what a real relationship is, which often involves arguments sometimes and not ALWAYS feeling butterflies and fireworks to see the other person. I've been through several break ups, and know the basics -- don't call her, stay busy, etc, but this was one of my best friends..How do I deal with a break up like this?
I went through the same thing and it sucks. I guarantee she is hurting as much as you because a part of you is stuck with her. She's not a robot and I'm sure she is crying too. All I can say is take your time, and it's very likely she'll want to be friends again (at least my ex did). Make sure you take plenty of time to yourself and just relax. You'll remember her and she'll always remember you. It sucks, but **** happens...at least that's what forrest gump taught me.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment