Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?

Im really heart broken, im very close with my Dad. Like he knew everything about me. He understood me.


Im 17 and a guy, and my parents got into a fight and my father left, and its not somewhere close by that I can go visit.


I cried myself to sleep last night, and cryed most of the day. Im usually tough, and popular and never cry but it felt like a part of me went missing =(How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?
Take advantage of therapy, if it's offered. Most likely, you can get it at school. Even if you don't think that you need it, go for a 3 month period. If you don't talk to someone, your feelings might overwhelm you.Demand visitation rights. It is not your parents' choice if you do or do not see your other parent. It's just as important to see your mom as it is your dad, or vice versa.Join an after school activity, such as music lessons or basketball, it will help take your mind off of stress. However, do not have one parent designated to paying for these activities or you may create more arguing. Have your parents split the costs.Avoid getting in the middle. If your parent starts bashing the other in front of you, walk away. Defending might get you an argument, or make your parent think you're a brat to contradict them. walking away teaches them that you won't take it.If a parent questions you about the other parent's personal business (taxes, paycheck, relationships, etc.) count to five and calmly state that that is personal and that if they want to know, they can ask.If it starts to get violent stay as far away as you can and call someone you trust imidiately for ex., neighbor, attorney, manager, police, etc, NEVER stand between them, that will only get you hurt.Jokes and Laughter are THE BEST ways to deal with a the stress involved in a divorce. Make sure you always talk and laugh with your friends. You could do your favorite activity for ex. basketball, guitar ex. or you could write about in poetry, books, songs, or just in a diary or journal.


It is NEVER your fault. Do not blame yourself for the divorce. That will just make things worse for you. GOOD LUCK!How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?
Find out if you can see him anytime, my parents divorced when i was five and though i didn't understand it then, i know why now. My dad cheated on my mom. Then he moved to a different state and i couldn't see him but then i started seeing him once a year and talking on the phone all the time and when i think about it, i feel like a part of me is missing too. I went to therapy and they just make you cry more, therapists dont help! (i also have anger managment problems, therapists dont help either) \


Just try to not think about it and then once your good enough to stop crying for a bit, try to understand why your dad left.


But you must understand that life goes on and you can't dwell on the past, find something fun to focus on. Thats what i do now. But when i say don't dwell on the past, dont ever forget about it always keep it in the back of your mind. Cuz if you forget about it then you'll remember it some day and burst into tears. (its happened to me)


be happy and smile :)
Awhh im so sorry :[ this made me pretty super sad cause i've been exactly where you are right now.


I know the pain your feeling very well. :\


I'd love to tell you a magical remedy to make things better, but I've never felt anything worse than the pain of loosing a parent. I just felt vulnerable and empty. But what I can tell you is that NEVER give up on trying to see him. try not to be mean to either of them, or hold hatred against your parents. Be understanding, and let them be aware your world is falling apart, and that you need them.


My mom lives all the way in California, and she was my world as a kid. I was SUPER close to her, and then she left in the middle of the night. Now im stuck here in ohio with my dad. So believe me, I know how hard it is to have them being so far. :\


But breathe. :] Get your dad to get skype, and a web cam so you two can talk over the internet and still see him when he's not able to be right there. It really feels like they're right there, you just can't really touch them or anything. But its a start.


I dont know if you believe in God or anything, but He helped me during that time.


If you ever need to talk, I'll be here if you'd like. my email is photographyjunky@yahoo.com


My heart is just aching for you and your family. I'm so sooo sorry you have to go through this. I'll be praying for you guys if you dont mind, and I really hope things work out :]

No comments:

Post a Comment