Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?

Im really heart broken, im very close with my Dad. Like he knew everything about me. He understood me.


Im 17 and a guy, and my parents got into a fight and my father left, and its not somewhere close by that I can go visit.


I cried myself to sleep last night, and cryed most of the day. Im usually tough, and popular and never cry but it felt like a part of me went missing =(How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?
Aww, I really feel for you; sometimes parents don't get along and have to part and go their separate ways. Right now they need time alone to cool down and think. I'm sure your Dad is hurting just as much as you and will be in touch and stay in touch. You are at the age where you can choose who to live with, aren't you? (if that subject should come up)





When you get the chance, be sure to tell him how you need him to stay in your life (that doesn't necessarily mean stay with your mother) and hopefully he will continue to be your ';Best Bud';. One day soon you'll move out and be on your own and can maintain that relationship without interference from your mom. If she starts ranting on about him, just simply say ';I don't want to hear this, Mom, this is between you and Dad so please keep me out of it because I love both of you, ok?'; She should respect your feelings. Things will work out in time so have patience and keep yourself occupied.





Your crying, your pain is the breaking of a shell that encloses your understanding. It's how we grow and learn how to develop our own character. Hang in there, you sound like a wonderful young man :D.How do you deal with your father leaving, after your parents break up?
my parents separated when i was 20 and i was devastated, i hated staying home, i felt so sorry for my dad living alone. it does get easier though. try not to put yourself in the middle of any arguements between your parents. at the end of the day, they most probably still love each other but are not IN LOVE with each other, and im sure that in time you will work out a way to spend more time with your father, he probably needs some space and time to sort his own feelings out right now
I am sorry to hear about your parents. They may not be over for good. The love that a father and son share is eternal and will last forever.You are a young man and you must be strong for it is not the end of the world though it seems like their is no hope now. Remember he will always be your dad and he will always love you just wait and time will tell.
Firstly what does being popular have to do with crying? Please answer me that!


My parents split when I was 5 and my Dad lives on the opposite side of the world to be and I am lucky if I get to see him every 2 years! So stop moaning and get on with it- like I did! You're lucky compared to me so get over it and man up!
It definitely sucks when your parents split, no matter what age you are. Its ok to be upset, anyone thats been in your shows understands. You should talk to your dad and let him know how you feel. I'm so sorry you're going through this and that he went far enough that its difficult for you to visit. I wish you the best.
Ask your Dad if you can come and live with him. At your age the courts cannot stop that. If your Dad says no then you'll know where you stand in his life. Don't be discouraged but use either outcome as a source of motivation to take good care of yourself.
My parents seperated over 8 years ago when I was 10!
Can you at least call your dad? Remember, it has nothing to do with you, you will still have your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment