Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with a break-up you weren't prepared for?

My boyfriend (%26amp; best friend) of almost 2yrs broke up with me just over a week ago. Nothing was out of the ordinary, he was still loving, affectionate, spoilt me. We had spent the day visiting family %26amp; later that night he got very quiet %26amp; I asked him what was wrong %26amp; he then told me he wanted to end our relationship. He said he'd been thinking it over for a few weeks %26amp; had come to the decision the day before. I know he still loves me but obviously can't see a life for us together. It breaks my heart because I could see my life with him in it. If we had been fighting, I could justify the break up but we weren't fighting.And I know he isn't with anyone else either, I trust him %26amp; his family when they tell me this. How do I deal with the range of emotions I am going through? One minute I cry, the next minute I get angry. My entire day is consumed with ';if only's';, ';what if's';. I can't seem to think about anything else but him.How to deal with a break-up you weren't prepared for?
I went though that with a guy I used to be with, and it's been like 16 years and I still ove him, he still loves me. I married someone else years after our break up and so did he. He's divorced and I wish I was too. He was the one for me and he knows this too. He contacted me on myspace and we secretly talk, lol. Nothing fishy going on, just conversation. He's never changed, but I did find out that his evil step dad was behind our break up. Even though we're not living life together, our hearts are still together. I always wonder the ';what if's'; too. It's very hard to be married to someone I have little feelings for outside of raising our kids, he's verbally abusive to me and I've lost feelings for him'; and still being in love with someone from my past. On the outside, I'm married with a family, on the inside, I'm still in love with Dustin and I always will be. I don't admit this often because it's no way to be, but I've tried to get rid of these feelings and they always make it back to me. Karma? Destiney? I sure don't know, but this is why I cannot have a happy life and I cannot seem to win it.How to deal with a break-up you weren't prepared for?
Maybe it was a personal choice for him, something internal made him think a break up would be a good idea. Although this is a little weird. If he was thinking about it for weeks, then obviously he mustve done the right thing. Stay close to him and maybe out of the ordinary things will work out, good luck!!
Time to do a little self searching. Things going well for 2 years and then 'BAM!' it's all over? Do not think he's seeing someone else. Maybe there are things about your behavior(attitude) he just cannot live with. You know he still loves you and I believe what you say, so do a little search. Just see or try to remember the little things he would tell you to stop doing and you would ignore when he says it. This guy doesn't even sound like he shouts at his female when upset. He isn't gone completely out of your life, you can stop him if you honestly want to. And I wonder what words surrounds, ';if only's';, ';what if's';. I think it would be interesting to find out from you. Anyways, he's still out there waiting on you to come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment