Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with a break up (long term relationship)?

i've been wt my boyfriend well now ex...for more than 6 years now, we have had a lot of problems throughout our relationship...cheating from his part, breaking up with me numerous times just 4 the fact of him wanting to go out and experience life.. we were high school sweethearts! i never been or had another boyfriend and he never had another girlfriend....i know he still loves me and i love him but our last fight was actually for a stupid reason but i think he is just so tired of so much drama that after that he asked for some time to figure were things are going...but at the same time he said he wanted to just break up... i have extreme anxiety, have been prescribed with antidepressants and i just feel like i wanna call him all the time to yield at him and ask why he is doing this to me... i'm very hurt.. how can i cope with the anxiety and depression, how do I just move on. any tips ;)How to deal with a break up (long term relationship)?
So did you not have another boyfriend just like he never had another girlfriend? Sounds like he's been sowing his oats while you remained the dutiful, faithful girlfriend. After 6 years and you're still just a girlfriend? There's a time to move on, experience life, and find out who you are. Good luck...How to deal with a break up (long term relationship)?
If it's not working out now, it won't work out later.


Just do your best to forget about him.


Surround yourself with happy people and friends.


Actually I wouldn't look for another guy right away.


Go out for a night with your girls, you don't need more


guy drama--sounds like you've had plenty of that.


Rent a romantic comedy and pig out with your girls!!~



ask yourself this question,is he going to stop flirting around after marriage.if not then move on with life.start asking the question,who am i?what kind of person am i?am i treating others the way i want others to treat me.
yes go look for someone else it sound mean but as soon as u find soemone cute u will be fine its always worked for me too u just get so caughtup in th enew person its like ex boyfriend who? go out with friends too single friends ones with boyfrinds or girlfriends will just make u more depressed. u will be ok we all go through a broken heart atleast once usually more.
is there another guy that u like cuz in situations like this the girl likes another guy kinda go out with some 1 new and c if he's tryna get back together with u if s0 g0 out with the new guy still
i'm practically in the same boat girl, when you get good answers, let me know.
well I wasn't with my ex for as long as u were with yours (only 1 yr) but he was my first and only everything, and one night I got a text saying that it was over, 2 weeks later I found out that he was now with a co-worker of his.. I never got a phone call and I haven't seen or heard from him since (this was 5 months ago). I was devastated, at first I couldn't eat or sleep for almost 2 weeks. But I clung to my friends and family for support %26amp; advice. Many nights I wanted call him, or go see him but I knew he would just act like a coward and ignore me so i didn't. But i did erase his number from my cell, and put up all the things he ever gave me (in a box). I forced myself to find new things to do, and while my heart was still broken I fixed it by loving myself. I now know I am better off without him, even though I didn't believe it @ first I got over it, I have actually been great for a long time (I'm even flirting with a new guy now, he's great)!! Be strong you can get over it too!!!!











Good luck!!! %26amp; be STRONG!!!
Romantic depression cure:


Step 1 - Leave cheating, lying, extremely selfish boyfriend.





I'm sorry this had to end badly for you, but your belief that he ';still loves you'; is apparently mistaken. If he DID love you, he never would have done all of that fooling around in the first place, much less break up with you now. From what you've said, the only real love in this relationship is your boyfriend's egotistical love for himself. It's going to suck emotionally for a while, I won't lie, but putting this jerk behind you is the only way for you to move on and become happy again.





Step 2 - Cultivate a healthy (and if need be, angry) self-respect.





You're blaming yourself (';drama';) for this break-up. Don't. As I said before, this guy's immense selfishness torpedoed the relationship. That isn't a bad reflection on you; it's a reflection on his own bad attitude. Sooner or later (probably sooner) he will get hurt by someone else who refuses to put up with his crap the way you did, and it will be a good lesson for him. In the meantime, don't inflate his huge ego even further. Hold your head high and move on.





Step 3 -- Find new boyfriend who cares about YOU and loves you for who YOU are, not as an ornament for his ego.





Take your time with this one--no need to hurry, or find a ';rebound'; guy, which could hurt the situation even worse. Instead, once you're totally over your ex, or at least 99% over him, get back out into the dating world and find someone who cares as much about you as you do about him.
If you want to move on, go and look for different guys. You may think he's the best guy, but you haven't been with anyone else to realize he may be the worst. Maybe try meeting someone new, then things can only go up from there. Just keep your distance, it worked for me. Not talking to him, and not being in his presence helps so much. YOu'll see








answer mine!!!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Sounds like he's a tool. You shouldn't have to put up with someone breaking up with you all the time or cheating on you. He obviously isn't ready for a serious commitment if he wants to keep breaking up so he can ';experience the world';.


He's a jerk, but it's still going to be hard to get over him. Just spend time with your friends and family and do things that YOU want to do. Pamper yourself and make some goals for yourself. When you reach them you'll feel a great new sense of self-worth. This will help you get over him.


Sorry, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment