Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with a break up with someone you still want to be with?

I'm not experience enough to know how to leave someone alone long enough to let them come back around. How do I do this? How long do I wait and when the time comes, what do I say?





Just recently he broke up with me and I haven't been sure how to handle it.


Please keep in mind we were best friends for a long time. I wrote him every day in basic training and always supported him and when he could, he'd do the same.





Now that we are broken up, I have tried talking to him but all he does is call me crazy.


I'm not exactly sure how to handle this break up especially because he still acts like we are in a relationship.


[Meaning he gets jealous when other guys flirt with me]


For the first few days he acted like he needed his space, but when I gave it to him he would only read comments on myspace from other guys and freak out





I DO know where everything went wrong, I just need to know how to become detached enough for him to have breathing space, with out him getting mad at me. I do not like making him upset.








Background:


About six months ago, I fell in love with this amazing guy. The only problem was that he was to leave for the boot camp a few days later, he asked me to be his girlfriend before he left and I happily agreed.





A few months later we started having problems because he started acting careless about the content of his myspace and facebook pages. Mainly, I was upset because these were the only things that I could see from him. I didn't trust him with my feelings. Seemed fair.


After he realized the mistake he had made, he apologized and made it clear he wouldn't speak to her or see her again.





Ever since then we had been having problems, mainly because I still felt like I couldn't trust him. I would go to visit him and when I would come back, one of his friends would inappropriately comment his pictures or his page. He still didn't take my feelings and left them where I could see them. This caused our relationship to become even shakier.





About a month ago, I found out through a friend that he was still talking to the girl whom he had posted somewhat inappropriate pictures with. I was devastated. So ever since then it's been a battle of apologize and fix the situation.How do you deal with a break up with someone you still want to be with?
Listen, he broke up with you, and he hurt you.


You deserve alot better than him. I understand you still have feelings for him and you don't want to make him mad, but you arn't in a relationship anymore. He left you and didn't take your feelings into consideration. Just try to find someone new. As time goes on it'll get easier. It'll hurt for a while, but thats just something that happens, and then one day you'll find the perfect person who treats you good and will give you everything you deserve. And if he gets mad at that, when your happy, then he's not a very good choice. If he was someone you should love with all your heart and stay with, he'd want whats best for you and for you to be happy. Every person has the choice to love who they want to, so if you want to still love him you can, but it'll be painful. The best thing to do is to try and move on. You'll find someone better in time

No comments:

Post a Comment