Friday, August 20, 2010

How do i deal with this break up?

I had been dating this guy for 10 months, and I fell in love with him. Not that adult love, but you know... the well-known and frequently experienced teenager love. Yea, I know people say ';You're too young!'; But, really? We have ALL experienced it, and him and I had something amazing. Our chemistry was PERFECT, and he became my best friend. After he broke up with me (2 months ago, Feb. 6 2009) I became insane. I lost my best friend and boyfriend. I can't adjust. He still liked me after the break up, but I ruined that by not giving him space or letting him go. I still like him a lot, I got to different counselors, I try to talk to other guys, but I just like him so much. What do I do?! And what if I want him back..? Please help..?How do i deal with this break up?
Honey you're right - we have all gone through, or will go through, this teenage intense love. It's part of growing and part of life.





The sad thing is, it can hurt like hell!





Look, I don't wanna use the cliches, but they're right. There are more fish in the sea and time IS a great healer. The thing is, when you experience that first proper feeling of love, it ends in the first proper feeling of lost love - and I know, it is really difficult.





The thing is, is it HIM you miss or what you shared? Being with someone is a great feeling and one that is especially intense when you're younger. It's hard to let go, but you have to try.





Let it take its course and work on moving on. It's great that you're talking to other guys, and if they're not interesting you, maybe you're not ready. Cry and let it all out. Get a diary - write it all down and help clear your head. Don't analyse it too much either. Maybe not seeing your counselors will help too - if you're talking about it too much you'll never let it go.





Don't let it ruin your life though - he was not Mr Right - he was Mr Right-Now. Treasure it and try to let go. But wait until you're ready before dating again.





Good luck - it WILL get better, I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment