Monday, August 16, 2010

How do i deal with our break up?

Me and my girlfriend of 5 years recently decided to take a break since we are both in college. While we were together she moved right across the street in an apartment with a room mate. It is literally killing me now! I watch her and her friends come in and out and they have guy friends over there. We have talked about it and she says that this is best and we need time apart. I really and truly dont know what to do with myself. I have never felt like this. I am so crushed. I have tried going out with friends but it doesnt seem right. A few months ago she was absolutely crazy about me. Now that she has started college she needs a break.How do i deal with our break up?
The transition between high school and college can be rather shocking indeed. Some people change a lot - some for the better, some for the worse - and some don't change very much at all. The college experience really opens your eyes to the fact that there is so much more about the world that you had no idea of.





She is probably wanting to explore this new life presented to her, and that is natural. She may change - and if she does, you will somehow need to accept this. Or she may realize that you are so much better than all the other guys out there and come back. Either way, it is a learning experience, and you will both grow, be it together or individually.





It is very hard to grow apart from someone that you have been so close to for so long. The pain will last for quite some time, if you two remain apart permanantly. But in time (I know the word ';time'; is not what you want to hear) you will yourself realize that there is so much more to life, and that time passes more quickly than you can imagine, though it may not seem like it at the time.





In the meantime, I would recommend getting out and socializing. I know it feels wrong, and you may not even enjoy it for a while, but distraction can be one of the best things after a breakup, or any sort of traumatizing event. She is exploring the world - you need to explore the world too. You may even find someone better for you than her, although that probably seems impossible to you at this point.





Join a student organization or two - it'll help you make new friends, and give you something to do. Exercise helps as well, both psychologically and physiologically (meaning it actually produces chemicals that are beneficial to your body and brain, and when your brain is healthy, your mood is better, very generally speaking).





But whatever you do, be sure to not let this affect your grades. I let that happen, for a whole year, and believe me, I still regret it. If you ever plan on graduate or professional school, your grades will seriously affect you.





Good luck. Stay strong. Don't give in to heartbreak.How do i deal with our break up?
Young love can be a wonderful feeling. But you have to respect her wishes. You don't say WHY you broke up - maybe she realized that the young ';puppy'; love just wasn't what she thought love would be now that she is older. Maturity and change has a lot to do with relationships. Maybe you matured more than she did - or vice versa. Just the feeling of ';love'; does not sustain a relationship. It is unforunate (and probably a little disrespectful) that she is right across from your home. I would suggest - IF you can afford it - move out of the area. If you cannot afford it, concentrate on other things. That is easier said than done - we have ALL been there. But it is better that you find this out BEFORE you commit to a long-term relationship. You are young! Enjoy being young! Go have fun - CONCENTRATE on your school work. This will prepare you for your goals and dreams in life. Don't get caught up in the despair of ONE relationship. You could have a real WINNER out there somewhere that is just waiting for you. Set goals for your career. Life is hard enough right now. Prepare yourself for the future. Good luck.
hyou need to woo her and make her like you if you are so interested then go for it.
Tell her how you feel.
If you guys talk alot then just tell whats goin on. Tell that you have these feelings for her and she just might take it into consideration that she maight have the same for although she needs a break.
I was in the SAME situation. Dump her before she dumps you. Start seeing other girls. After 5 years, you will be amazed at how much fun you will have in the single life. There are too many girls out there to be hung up on one, I know from experience. You are not a pathetic loser, you just havent taken advantage of the situation yet. Trust me, once you start having fun, she will be an afterthought.
I am going through the same thing, my girlfriend of 3 years just walked out on me. I am so crushed still and it has been 3 months. I cannot go out with my friends or other girls. I have and I am still crushed. Just know that you are not the only 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment