Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with a break-up,to one you didn't want to end it with?

my boyfriend and i have an unusual relationship. I am in recovery and he has been there for me since the beginning. But he still chooses to use and drink. We both have lot of love for one another and don't want anyone else, even though people would rather see us not together. Unhealthy for me, i guess you could say. i gave 100% and always there for him. No matter the situation. Not sure though i think both of us knew somewhere it would come to an end because he always end up hurting me by going out on a binge and return when he needed me. I hurt alot and he knows what he means to me. It just came to be repeative situations. now that i haven't heard form him in two days i know it must be over. I feel a little empty inside. Knowing i won't be seeing him.How to deal with a break-up,to one you didn't want to end it with?
Sweetie, you already know the answer to your question. It seems you just need re-assurance. You both knew this wasn't going to work. You are in recovery and deserve a KUDOS for that. Great job! Though I am not an alcoholic, as a matter of fact, I hardly ever drink because I grew up with an alcoholic father and know all too well the destruction alcohol can cause, I can only imagine how much strength it must take. Please don't ';fall off the wagon';. Stay strong and keep with your principles. If your bf isn't willing to do the same you always run the risk of falling back into that sort of lifestyle and trust me, you don't want to do that. Though you say he has ';hung in there'; with you he still choses to drink. That ought to tell you something. You further state that you've been there for him 100% and yet, he still won't quit. C'mon now, you know in your heart of hearts that this is not going to work out between the two of you. What matters most right now is that you will stay on the right and sober track. As you haven't heard from him and already suspect it is over, you have to let go. Sure, it will be difficult in the beginning and yes, you probably feel some sort of emptyness inside. After all, you guys have been through a lot together but if you want to save yourself, don't just walk away. RUN! And if you happen to see him around, it doesn't mean you can't be cordial but do not get trapped back in that situation. You are on the right track, keep it up. You'll be happy you did, once you overcome the initial loneliness. Do you have a good friend or family member that knows of your situation and whom you can confide in. Maybe a member of AA, if that's how you are overcoming your addiction? If there is nobody around, you can always track me through Yahoo and I'll try to be there for you as much as I can. Remember, you are doing well and I am proud of you for taking control of your life. Take good care of yourself and keep it up. MsB.How to deal with a break-up,to one you didn't want to end it with?
Unfortunately it is a go nowhere situation. Can you imagine being with him forever (with the same conditions)? If he loves you enough he will sober up and realize that you are worth everything to him. Meanwhile, let him go and concentrate on yourself and the great job that you are doing to improve your life. I am certain that you know that your relationship couldn't continue as it is.


Good luck and great job!
Love is a fickle thing, I being as young as I am, have never truely experienced it. But I am wise enough to know, that if you TRULY love someone, it'd be best to move on and let go. To help ease the pain, hang with the girl inbetween jobs and have an all-girls'-day. My mom and her girlfriends did that to help my ';aunt'; get over her husband. Don't rush into any other relationships, let your heart mend a bit before moving on. Instead of crying, try laughing it off over coffee with your mom, sis, bro, whoever! Or give out hugs to those who look like they need it. Not only are you helping them feel better, but you'll start to feel better yourself. And who knows, you may meet anyother lover. ;)
i can't say anything bcuz i know the pain.hope you get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment